It would be impossible to run an event of this scope and magnitude without the generous assistance of hundreds of volunteers. Becoming a volunteer can be very rewarding & not to mention fun! Just ask our volunteers &many of them have been with us for twenty years or more!
Though there are lots of volunteer opportunities throughout the entire festival, the areas that require the most support are both related to the class sessions themselves. We are always looking for Door Monitors and Adjudicator's Assistants & no experience required! Brief descriptions of each position are below:
The responsibilities of the Door Monitor are:
- to arrive at the venue thirty minutes prior to the start of the session
- to sell Festival Programs, Season Passes, and Rose Bowl tickets
- to collect admission fees from session attendees
- to control the flow of traffic into and out of the performance venue
The responsibilities of the Adjudicator's Assistant are:
- to arrive at the specified venue thirty minutes prior to the start of the session
- to ensure that the Adjudicator has all materials required to adjudicate the class
- to maintain the published class order
- to prepare award certificates for presentation
- to complete the green Class Mark Sheet and return it to the Festival Information Desk at the end of the session
- to restrict the use of cell phones, cameras, and recording equipment
If you would like to become a festival volunteer, please contact the festival office at 423-6147, or by email.